The Graduation Game Plan provides students with a network of mentors through Houston Public Library branches to help them get on their “A-game” in school and in everyday life
Work with small groups of 3-5 students for 3-7 hours total (depending on location), to help them:
- Figure out their plan for graduating high school
- Map out what they want to do after graduation
- Develop the work ethic they need to succeed in life
- Build a network of people who will help them reach their goals
By volunteering with the Graduation Game Plan, you can:
- Be a role model for students and provide after-school support
- Pass on what you’ve learned about life after high school
How to Volunteer
To register as a volunteer and find more information about locations, dates, and times for the Graduation Game Plan, go to www.graduationgameplan.org/mentor.
For any questions, please contact:
Aarik Mickens-Dessaso, Neighborhood Service Coordinator
Phone: (832) 393-0993
The “After School Zone with the Graduation Game Plan” is a partnership between the Houston Public Library and the Houston Mayor’s Office of Education Initiatives, Department of Neighborhoods.
To learn more about education initiatives in the City of Houston, please visit: www.houstontx.gov/education.