The District will be the focal point for economic development and promotional initiatives and will coordinate these activities with other private sector and public economic development organizations at the local and state level. District staff will be available to businesses, brokers, and relocation companies to promote the area with speakers, demographic information, and presentations to those considering the District as a future business location. A presentation combining information, statistics, and photographs to acquaint audiences with the District’s many offerings will be available for use at business and civic group meetings throughout the region.
Support and promote economic growth by creating and reinforcing positive perceptions of the District as an outstanding place in which to live, work, learn, shop, visit, build and invest.
PROGRAMS and PROJECTS
- Implement a public relations and image campaign that will improve public perception and increase public awareness of the District.
- Boost business opportunities by identifying specific areas of involvement with the Greater Houston Partnership, local chambers of commerce, and other business and civic organizations.
- Sponsor research for District marketing materials to meet the needs of current and prospective property owners and tenants, employers, brokers, meeting planners, and the general public.
- Provide public relations and marketing support for the District’s mobility and transportation, environmental and urban design, and public safety efforts.
- Create and reinforce positive perception by encouraging new development and redevelopment as well as improving maintenance of existing properties.
- Establish set of preferred development standards, with an emphasis on long-term profitability and consider incentives for companies willing to relocate and develop along those criteria.
- Create a District web site and regular newsletter to be made available to employees, employers, nearby residents, and the general public
- Establish the District as a clearinghouse of information, including upcoming events, press clippings, demographics, and brochures about the area.
- Monitor and encourage business retention and expansion within the area.
- Encourage appropriate and appealing industrial activity that will ultimately be reflected in increased value and longer term profitability.
- Encourage commercial retail chains or shopping destinations.
- Maintain and expand quality industrial and distribution sites.