The Brays Oaks Management District (BOMD) is actively seeking investors and businesses who are starting, expanding or relocating businesses in the Greater Houston Area and are looking for a location and business environment that fits their business objectives.
Recent Dunn & Bradstreet reports demonstrate that there are substantial unmet opportunities in the District for a variety of retail businesses, including full service restaurants, general merchandise, clothing and clothing accessories, building materials and supplies, office supplies, gifts, sporting goods, books, electronics and appliances, and lawn and garden supplies.
The District is situated inside the Beltway 8 Toll Road which offers excellent access to Hobby Airport, Port of Houston and Bush Intercontinental Airport. Direct access to the Texas Medical Center & Downtown and Uptown/Galleria via 610 Loop and to the Fort Bend County communities and business parks by way of U.S. 59, the Southwest Freeway.
The BOMD has a workforce of 50,000 highly motivated men and women trained in a wide variety of professions and skills. Over one-third of these workers are multi-lingual.
Business Climate and Support
The BOMD works with businesses to find locations that are best suited to their opportunities and needs. When needed, the District staff provides population and demographic data for defined trade areas. The District welcomes new businesses with publicity and recognition programs.
Incentives and Tax Credits
A variety of federal, state and local incentive programs and tax incentives are available to investors and businesses that qualify including:
- Federal EB-5 Program
- Texas Skills Development Fund
- Texas Small Business Employee Training Program
- Texas In-State Tuition Incentives
- Texas Self-Sufficiency Fund
- Texas Enterprise Zone Program
- Texas Research & Development Tax Credit
- Texas Sales & Use Tax Exemptions
- Texas Franchise Tax Exemptions & Reductions for Business Relocations
- City of Houston Chapter 312 Property Tax Abatement
- City of Houston Chapter 380 Agreements
- City of Houston Freeport Tax Exemptions