We hope you will plan to join us on Tuesday, November 29th at 11:30 AM at the METRO Downtown Transit Center.
Constant driver distractions can result in tragedy. In this year alone, 39 children have perished in hot vehicles across the United States. Seven of those deaths occurred in Texas. In most of those cases, the young passenger was forgotten by the driver.
Houston TranStar’s “Have A Strategy to Avoid Tragedy” PSA reveals a simple, yet effective technique to help drivers avoid leaving young children in vehicles whose interiors quickly heat to deadly levels.
Please share it with anyone who might benefit from this important message.
The Willow Waterhole Greenspace Conservancy would like you to tell them what you like about your park!
They have been working away making your park fabulous. Now they really need to know if you like it too. Go ahead, be honest. Their feelings won’t be hurt. Tell them what you think in their short, delightful survey.
Exercise your right to vote wth FREE round-trip service to and from the polls on all METRO local bus, light-rail and METROLift paratransit service.
Houston-based Fiesta Mart LLC is continuing to spruce up its stores with an expansion in southwest Houston and more refreshed stores opening in Dallas-Fort Worth.
The grocer plans to expand its 32,948-square-foot Fondren Southwest Village location by about 12,363 square feet, taking over an adjacent space that Anna’s Linens vacated in July 2015, according to a release from Houston-based NewQuest Properties. Remodeling will begin after the holidays, and renovations are also planned for the 304,000-square-foot shopping center at West Bellfort and Fondren roads.
- Learn from the experts. Take a practical hands-on business course and acquire useful business skills such as contract negotiation, finance, and people management.
- Invest in yourself. Take advantage of this professional growth opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
- Get customized business assistance. Receive one-on-one business advising and create your own customized business growth plan.
- Make connections. Learn from the experiences of other small business owners in a collaborative setting.
- Be poised for business growth. Business owners selected for the program will receive a scholarship, which covers all tuition and program materials.
Please visit our website at www.hccs.edu/10ksb or call (713) 718-8348 for more information.
ACT NOW – Application deadline for the Spring 2017 is Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2016
All committee meetings will be held at the District office located at 10103 Fondren, Suite 300.
Public Safety Committee
Tuesday October 11th @ 11:30 AM
Environmental and Urban Design
Tuesday October 11th @ 1:00 PM
Thursday October 13th @ 2:30 PM
We hope you will be able to attend.