REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS –
DATE ISSUED: February 18, 2020
RFQ SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 6, 2020, @ 5:00 P.M. CST
The Brays Oaks Management District (BOMD) is requesting statements of qualifications from qualified individuals/firms for community branding services.
Any questions regarding this RFQ should be directed in writing by 3 p.m. CST on February 27, 2020 to: Gretchen Larson, GLarson@BraysOaksMD.org
The BOMD is soliciting Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) from interested, experienced and qualified marketing and branding firms for professional community branding services. The BOMD anticipates awarding a single contract for the services required.
The BOMD is seeking creative community branding assets and a community branding strategy. The branding will help create an identity for the BOMD that showcases our community and its unique assets and builds upon the recently completed Brays Oaks Management District Economic Development Strategic Plan. Interested parties can learn more about the District at www.BraysOaksmd.org. This is a one-time project, not a long-term contract.
The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is to obtain information about marketing and branding firms interested in providing expert professional community branding services at the discretion of the BOMD. Do not include any estimates or financial information. The BOMD will evaluate each interested firm using the criteria outlined in this RFQ.
QUALIFICATIONS TO COMPETE
- Any interested marketing or branding firm or individual with experience in community branding for governmental organizations, for destinations, or the tourism industry.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, creating community branding assets for a variety of platforms and uses.
- Experience in coordination with local leadership to identify and develop unique and highly marketable brand identity.
- Ability to take unbiased third-party research to inform creative direction.
- Coordinate with local leadership to identify those elements, character traits or visionary concepts that can serve as the basis for a marketable and genuine brand identity for the Brays Oaks Management District.
- Conduct research as needed to understand existing conditions, key markets, and current direction of the management district, including use of the Brays Oaks Management District Economic Development Strategic Plan as a foundation.
- Identify a community brand identity for the Brays Oaks Management District.
- Create the necessary brand assets for marketing the District that may include development of a new logo and slogan, if appropriate.
- Develop a branding strategy for the District that could include methods for building recognition and ownership of the brand within the community, as well as recognition and interest in the brand outside of the community.
- Establish a program for integration of the brand identity into marketing efforts, economic development activities and physical improvements, including a phasing strategy, particularly in the event that a new logo and slogan are developed.
SUBMISSION FORMAT AND REQUIREMENTS
Each respondent shall provide the following information:
- Cover letter providing a summary of the respondent’s qualifications, experience, past projects of similar nature and size, and reasons for interest in this opportunity. The letter must be signed by a principal or authorized officer who may make legally binding commitments for the entity.
- Identify members of the community branding team. Provide a brief description of each team member’s role including the following:
- Principals involved in the project.
- Resumes of key team members.
- Descriptions of team members’ proposed roles and relevant experience with projects of similar nature and size and any experience in and familiarity with branding.
- Lead contact for the team.
- Description of qualifications, including:
- The respondent’s relevant community branding experience.
- The respondent’s demonstrated expertise in:
1) Ability to manage all components of the community branding project with the assistance of BOMD staff: establish brand mission statement, outline the brand “personality,” create a brand logo and slogan as appropriate, create key brand messages.
2) Ability to plan and execute work effectively, meet deadlines and interface professionally with the BOMD.
- Provide a list of similar community projects completed within the last five (5) years. Provide PDFs showcasing relevant examples of similar work.
- Provide the name, address, email address and telephone number of at least three (3) references from previous clients that worked with you/your firm on similar projects.
- Include any other information you believe to be relevant to the selection of your firm for this project.
Provide a proposal along with a cover letter indicating interest; project understanding; composition of team; and list of similar projects, and work samples. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Proposal to be clearly marked: Community Branding Services for the Brays Oaks Management District RFQ
Submissions must be received by the BOMD no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on March 6, 2020, at the address below or via email to email@example.com. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Brays Oaks Management District
Attn: Gretchen Larson
10103 Fondren Rd., Ste.300
Houston, Texas 77227
All questions regarding this RFQ shall be submitted in writing and directed to: Gretchen Larson at glarson@BrayOaksmd.org. Questions must be received in writing by February 27, 2020, no later than 3:00 p.m. CST. Questions initiated after February 27, 2020, will not be considered.
Any additional information and/or clarification regarding this RFQ will be issued in the form of an addendum to this RFQ no later than March 3, 2020, and will be posted at the following webpage: https://braysoaksmd.org/branding-services-rfq.
Respondents will be responsible for keeping abreast of the addenda as they are posted, if any. All such addenda shall become a part of the RFQ and all Respondents shall be bound by such.
In order that the selection process is as objective as possible, please do not contact BOMD board, committee members or staff other than as noted above.
A selection committee composed of BOMD board and committee members and staff will screen all submitted Respondents. Responses will be evaluated based on qualifications and background.
Criteria to be used in screening of the RFQ and selection of the successful firm are as follows:
- Qualifications of the Firm, including Firm Personnel – Preference shall be given to those firms and personnel with experience and training in community branding for similar projects, as outlined in this RFQ.
- Overall Qualifications of the Project Manager and Project Team and those personnel that will be assigned to the project. Preference may be given to project teams with specific experience in similar projects and any familiarity with the region and proposed projects, as outline in this RFQ.
- Response Capability/Project Understanding – Preference may be afforded to those firms who, in the opinion of the BOMD, are able to adequately respond to requests for consultation meetings, meet project administration requirements and understand detailed project requirements.
After all proposals have been reviewed, the selected firm will be invited to negotiate a contract with the BOMD for branding services.
- Any cost incurred by respondents in preparing or submitting a proposal, or participating in an onsite interview shall be the respondents’ sole responsibility.
- All responses, inquiries or correspondence relating to this RFQ will become the property of the BOMD.
- The BOMD reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received or to request additional information as may be needed to determine qualifications. It is the intention of the BOMD to negotiate a contract for services at fair and reasonable prices with, in their determination, the best qualified firm.
- The BOMD may or may not conduct interviews. Elaborate presentations and submittals during the interview process are neither expected nor requested. Each interview, if conducted, will last no more than two hours and will be held at the Brays Oaks District offices located at 10103 Fondren Rd., Suite 300 Houston, Texas 77096
A PDF of this RFQ is available at https://bryasoaksmd.org/branding-services-rfq.