The District is working on implementation of a new initiative to encourage relocation ideally in the District and Houston and our surrounding area in general. The initiative seeks to showcase the District as a destination where opportunity and affordability converge. Relocation Houston, Destination Brays Oaks will be the general concept that will evolve over time and highlight the many assets of Houston and our District.
The Brays Oaks District’s economy is very diverse with a mix of public and private employment, companies of all sizes and a very dynamic not-for-profit community.
- 8 miles from the Texas Medical Center – the Largest Employment Center in the City.
- Access to the Three Largest Major Highway Arteries in the City.
- The District’s Advisory Committee has access to the Texas Medical Center’s HR Director for Job Referrals.
Top Houston Medical Related Employers
Sharps Compliance Corp. | Memorial Hermann Healthcare | UT MD Anderson Cancer Center Methodist Hospital System | US Oncology | Texas Children’s Hospital
Houston offers the world-renowned Texas Medical Center which is less than 8 miles from the Brays Oaks District. It is the world’s largest concentration of expertise in medical treatment and care, medical research and medical tech- nology. Houston also offers the Harris County Hospital District and eight specific facilities ranked among the top 50 in the U.S.
The Brays Oaks area excels at providing a broad range of very cost-competitive housing options with beautiful, multi-family housing complexes with first class amenities.; in fact Houston’s housing costs are the lowest among the 27 metro areas with more than two million residents.
- Stable Deed Restricted Single Family Communities
- Over 17,000 Single Family Homes in the District
- Plans for New Single-family Residential Development
- Relocation Assistance through the Brays Oaks District