Job Title: Community Outreach Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The primary function of the Community Outreach Manager is to promote CCC mission-related programs and activities to the greater Houston area and to assist expanding community resources through networking and capacity building. This position will work closely with the Marketing and Fund Development team coordinating and assisting with the logistics of the Center’s events.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
1 year experience with networking, outreach and/or event planning.
Proficiency in computer skills, including demonstrated experience with MS Office.
Experience working in a non-profit agency.
Bilingual (Asian language) is a plus.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Flexibility and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, implement and coordinate outreach and marketing activities.
• Work closely with Marketing Manager on creating event invite, managing guest list, and developing media plan and promotional materials.
• Plan and coordinate community and fundraising events such as receptions, gala, festivals, etc. Coordinate with outside vendors as required by events.
• Coordinate the Center’s Asian heritage tours.
• Manage the Center’s volunteer program.
Partnerships and Outreach
• Organize, attend, and/or participate in special events and promotions advocating CCC services.
• Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
• Market events and programs to diverse media sources (i.e. newspaper, television, radio, and social media).
• To perform the job successfully, the incumbent must be able to satisfactorily attend professional development trainings and stay aware of the Center’s policies and procedures.