Below is a list, as written at the last BBA meeting. The list is intentionally left “rough” to allow those that were not able to attend to see them as suggested by attendees. Please review and add to list or comment by replying to this email. At the next BBA meeting (Monday July 16th) we will refine and prioritize list. The goal is to be able to present strong recommendations to the Harris County Commissioner’s Court and HCFCD by the middle of August. We acknowledge that some of the items on the list are already being explored by various governmental entities, but have yet to come to fruition.
Also tomorrow night’s “Bond” meeting is NOT a Town Hall style meeting, there seems to be some confusion. It is an “Open House” style event. Question and suggestion opportunities will be limited to individual HCFCD staff and Harris County officials who will spread out to various tables after the 6:00 and 7:00pm(repeat) presentation. Even though you may not get a chance to fully express your thoughts, please attend to show the desire of those in the Brays Watershed for flood risk reducing projects… numbers do matter! You will be asked to submit any “recommendations” via internet… helps HCFCD keep accurate accounting of citizens desires.
I look forward to hearing from you and will share all responses with everyone. You may also go to our page on FB page… Brays Bayou Association – Houston https://www.facebook.com/groups/496827817377666/?ref=bookmarks
- Westwood/Braeburn/Rufino Landfill detention
- Golf course/public-private partnerships?
- South of Braeswood Assembly of God land
- South of Willowbend/Fondren
- Church Properties adj. to bayou
- Apartments@Fondren, northside, Boardwalk apts.
- Expand Chimney Rock/S. Rice…possible use of large culverts
- Greenspace at 610 and S. Braeswood
- 610 and S. Braeswood Metro Park N Ride
- Braeburn apts on north of Brays, W of Fondren
- Widen bayou past Fondren
- Shell property near Willow Waterhole
- Apts. (Ranchwood)
- Westbury Square (7ac)
- Stella Link and S. Braeswood (old Seller Bros.) property
- Vacant S. of W. Airport, E of Fondren(6363 apts)
- Property@ SW of Fondren and W. Bellfort
- Willow Waterhole Bayou improvements
- Bridges on Willow Waterhole Bayou (Hillcroft/Landsdowne/Chimney Rock) replacement
- Bissonnett@59 properties near Keegans
- Club Creek property south of Brays
- Bellaire and Wilcrest (SW corner) property
- Forester elem (HISD owned) 5ac
- HISD dual purpose property
- Greenwillow St synagogue property
Brays Bayou Association, President