Hello. Below are a few updates pertaining to AA Milne! Please spread the word!! Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!
- Gifted and Talented Scholars are participating weekly in coding and Name that Book, along with STEM projects. Most recently scholars began egg drop and mouse trap car projects.
- AA Milne has developed a partnership with Houston Baptist University (HBU). Over fifteen undergrad and graduate education students were on campus support students and staff in the Fall. The project is set to continue this Spring.
- AA Milne participates in the district’s UIL tournaments. Our academic team has already brought home two trophies this year! The most recent went to a 5th grade scholar in the writing competition.
- AA Milne has two SPARK Parks on campus that have been revamped recently. The SPARK Park dedication was held on November 18th. SPARK, HISD and the City of Houston supported in bringing a brand new, large SPARK park to the campus and community.
- AA Milne is set to receive a Platinum rating from HISD’s Family and Community Engagement department! This award recognizes AA Milne for being a Family Friendly School and for having an excess of both academic and cultural family activities on campus.
- The AA Milne after-school program, Pooh Camp, is going strong and includes multiple enrichment activities for scholars including homework help, tutorials, cheer, basketball, soccer, science, dance, gardening, drumming, arts &crafts, college readiness, and much, much more.
- AA Mine’s basketball team is off to a great start with a recent win scoring 17-8. Please join us at Sharpstown HS on the dates and times below to cheer on your Milne Bears!
- Jan 25, 11 AM
- Feb 1, 9 AM
- Feb 8, 10 AM
- Feb 15, 11 AM
- Feb 22, 11 AM
I encourage you to volunteer on campus. I have also attached PTA membership and VIPS forms. All are welcomed!
Please follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date! @AAMilneES
Again, please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!
Terese C. Pollard
Principal, A. A. Milne Elementary School
713-778-3420 (office) | 713-778-3424 (fax)