APPLYING FOR FEMA ASSISTANCE
Here are the steps to take.
- Take photos of the damage to your home and belongings.
- Make a list of damaged/lost items.
- If you have insurance, you must file a claim with your insurance company. Prior to processing a claim, FEMA will want to review insurance information.
- Gather documents:
- Proof of occupancy or ownership of your residence (lease, utility bill, title, etc.)
- Proof of identification (TX Driver’s License or other government-issued ID)
- Insurance determination letter, if you have insurance.
Apply for assistance and get additional information
Use the App: FEMA App on Apple Store or Google Play.