This page provides the latest updates on COVID-19 along with resources and information to businesses and individuals in the Brays Oaks Management District. Check back in periodically as we will be updating this page with new information as it becomes available.
- Houston Chronicle: COVID-19 live updates
- Summary of Federal Care Act – COVID-19 Relief
- Stay Home Work Safe Order by the County Judge
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) to help with the COVID-19 crisis
- SBA COVID-19 Informational Webinars: March 30th-April 3rd
- Houston ISD COVID-19 News
- No seating in restaurants only delivery and takeout
- METRO: You Ride… You Get Rewarded
- President Trump Issues Major Disaster Declaration for Texas in Response to COVID-19
SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Coronavirus Emergency Aid Package Signed into Law
The legislation signed Wednesday evening provides paid sick and family leave for some for U.S. workers impacted by the illness, expands unemployment assistance, includes nutrition assistance and increases resources for testing. Efforts are already underway to put together a third, larger relief measure that could total $1 trillion.
Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
Following President Donald J. Trump’s emergency declaration pursuant to the Stafford Act, the U.S. Treasury Department and IRS issued guidance allowing all individual and other non-corporate tax filers to defer up to $1 million of federal income tax (including self-employment tax) payments due on April 15, 2020, until July 15, 2020, without penalties or interest.