The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are announcing the schedule for sites offering free COVID-19 tests the week of May 10, 2021. Twenty-two FREE+FAST+SAFE testing sites across Houston are on the schedule for the week.
U.S. Health & Human Services
The Houston Health Department will offer drive-thru testing via nasal self-swab at two surge sites affiliated with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Dr., and
- Houston Community College – North Forest, 6010 Little York Rd.
Appointments are available at doineedacovid19test.com and on-site registration is also available.
Houston Health Department Fixed Sites
The department will offer drive thru or walk-up testing via mouth self-swab at three fixed sites. The sites, open Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., are:
- Acres Homes Multi-Service Center, 6719 W. Montgomery Rd.,
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center, 7037 Capitol St., and
- Hiram Clark Multi-Service Center, 3810 Fuqua St.
The fixed sites do not require appointments.
Houston Health Department Pop-up Sites
Three department will offer drive thru and walk-up via nose self-swab testing at three pop-up sites open Tuesday through Saturday. The pop-up sites do not require appointments and are located at:
- Cloverland Park Bessie Swindle Community Center, 11800 Scott St., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.,
- Edgemont Community Center, 5803 Bellfort Ave., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and
- Clark Community Center, 9718 Clark Rd., 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The department will also provide drive thru, self-nasal swab testing at the METRO Addicks Park & Ride, 14230 Katy Freeway. Appointments are available by calling the department’s call center at 832-393-4220 but not required.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
Texas Division of Emergency Management and the Houston Astros offer oral self-swab testing at Minute Maid Park Lot H, 1643 Memorial Dr.
The site is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Appointments are available at curative.com. On-site registration is also available.
TDEM and the department will also operate drive-thru sites offering tests Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at:
- HCC – Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Drive, self-mouth swab, and
- HCC – South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd., nasal swab by healthcare professionals.
TDEM and the department offer drive thru, nasal-swab tests administered by healthcare professionals at LeRoy Crump Stadium, 12321 Alief Clodine Rd. The site is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointments for TDEM sites are available at covidtest.tdem.texas.gov. On-site registration is also available.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center will offer nasal-swab testing by healthcare professionals at drive-thru test sites at:
- PlazAmericas Mall, 7500 Bellaire Blvd.
- Houston Community College – Southeast, 6815 Rustic St.; Building B, and
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W. Tidwell Rd.
The sites don’t require appointments and will offer testing Monday through Friday (PlazAmericas is also open Saturday) from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
People needing information about UMMC test sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Curative will provide walk up testing daily at:
- University of St. Thomas, 3800 Montrose Blvd., shallow nose self-swab, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Memorial Park Conservancy, 1153 E. Memorial Loop Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
- Miller Outdoor Theater, 6000 Hermann Park Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
- Houston Metro West, 11555 Westpark Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
- Houston Metro Kashmere, 5700 Eastex Fwy., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., and
- Houston Metro Fallbrook, 111 Fallbrook Dr., mouth self-swab, 8 a.m. 6 p.m.
Appointments are available at curative.com and on-site registration is available.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- HOPE Clinic, 713-773-0803,
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565,
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880,
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027,
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200, and
- Scarsdale Family Health Center, 281-824-1480.
FQHC patients pay what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston testing sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.
Flyer: Houston COVID-19 testing sites for the week of May 10, 2021.